21 October 2006

Recently Consumed.

Edit: Aterciopelados going on tour! Releasing a new album Tuesday! HURRAH!

If you don't care to read the rest of this post, please, just WATCH THIS VIDEO! NO SRSLY! WATCH THE ENTIRE THING! IT'S SCANDALOUSLY GOOOOOD.



So, on to things I've watched or heard or read or whatever recently:

The Office Series 1. Amazing. I can't believe my brother didn't like it. This show was beyond hilarious. Ricky Gervais must be one of the most annoying people I've ever witnessed. Well, not really. Lots of annoying people here in NYC. But yeah, the "crazy" character in the British version (Gareth) is so much more awesome than the American version (Dwight). I mean, I love Dwight, but his antics pale in comparison. In general, the American version is so much more... obvious. I don't know how to explain it, it's like their facial expressions have to be wider, more prominent, so that the dumber people can RLY RLY GET IT. Well, does anyone think so? I think so.

But I still think Pam is cuter than Dawn. I mean Dawn is cute too, but in a more realistic sort of way.

Also been watching Ugly Betty every week. I can't explain how funny this show is. And it's not even like "look at us immigrant folk" jokes, it's "omg the fashion industry is FABULOUS" jokes. And the cast, even the ones who are just in supporting roles, are absolutely ASSUM. I mean, even my dad likes it!

Vida de Perros by Los Bunkers. I'm shocked by how some parts really sound like Franz Ferdinand (first album)! I also don't understand why they're not such a great band but I still love ALL their songs to pieces! Best Chilean band I've heard? YES. FUCK YOU TO LA LEY.

Sandman: Endless Nights. Pretty good, not as amazing as the original Sandman series, but this book will stay with me and I love how it reveals a lot of things about the Endless.

The Big Lebowski. No words. I need to stop watching Steve Buscemi movies. I just feel myself blushing when I see him on screen. Sigh!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sizzle sizzle!

I know The Big Lebowski is not a "Steve Buscemi" movie but a "Coen Bros." movie, but w/e.

1 comment:

Paul Haney said...

The Office = best show ever.

I'm thinking I need to have an Office party at some point. With costumes!