03 October 2006

Bad Things Happen in the Night.

Last night I learned that Brooklyn Vegan sleeps late. I learned this because I emailed him at like 2 am and he wrote like right back. However, I doubt that he was busy writing a D-quality paper like I was. I'm sure you're pleased to learn a bit about the late night habits of your favorite bloggers. Anyway, for some reason I'm surprised he gave me proper credit for sending him the M. Ward show info. So I really appreciate it.

Some parts of today were really bad, including handing in said shitty paper and getting charged $1.29 for a 20 oz. bottle of Coke at St. Mark's Market. WTF. I USED TO PAY $1.18. Shit, you don't hang around the neighborhood for like a month and everything changes. What's next? I'm gonna go into Other Music and find out that Token Yellow Guy has gotten fired? The horror! But seriously, what the hell am I gonna go to St. Mark's Market now? Tch!

Also, one of my classmates came in wearing one of those rainbow-colored Unknown Pleasures shirts she probably bought from Urban Outfitters and I almost threw up in my mouth. Okay, yeah, that may have been THE low point of my day. Ian Curtis must be spazzing in his grave.

The cool parts:

- Got free pizza @ the Queer Office at school and we talked about whether there should be non-gender specific bathrooms. They showed us a documentary about the whole bathroom problem and one of the trangender individuals looks like a sort of effeminate version of Eddie Argos, bushy eyebrows and all!

- The girl in sitting next to me in Creative Writing was doodling in her notebook and on her notebook she had written "I'm not in love with the modern world". Can I get a LOL y'all? I <3 this girl!! Mostly because she actually speaks to me and shit!

- We had this journalist come into our class, Amy Linden, and she was too hilarious to be true. I couldn't stop laughing, especially when the teach put in this DVD and it scrolled the FBI/Interpol warning in multiple languages, so Amy goes, "Boy, this is like in every language except Wolof" and I cracked up and then I realized no one understood what she meant and I cracked up even harder. The end. Oh wait, not the end, cos she was actually there to talk to us about West Coast punk so we listened to X and I was so so happy.

Oh hey, here's a clip of Seu Jorge doing "Já sei namorar"!! Aww. He's serenading the babies. How adorable.

3 comments:

Gabriela said...

Love your blog, as they say.

Anonymous said...

Urban Outfitters sells the peasant-top-ish Unknown Pleasures shirt, Delia*s has the rainbow one. As does the Virgin.

Paul Haney said...

You think paying a few extra cents for a coke is bad? I HAD TO BUY A NEW FUCKING IPOD TODAY BECAUSE MY OLD ONE WAS MORE OR LESS BEYOND REPAIR!!!!

Ahem...

"Also, one of my classmates came in wearing one of those rainbow-colored Unknown Pleasures shirts she probably bought from Urban Outfitters and I almost threw up in my mouth. Okay, yeah, that may have been THE low point of my day. Ian Curtis must be spazzing in his grave."

This is why I adore your blog. Kudos!