24 October 2006

Erratic My Chemical Romance Post Ahead.

Okay, guys, new My Chemical Romance album, very hit or miss. Actually, mostly misses, but some of the songs are so bad that they're beyond good--they're CLASSIC. Like that song that's supposed to have Liza Minelli on it? Hilarious. Changed my life. Wept tears of joy. The clouds parted and I saw God. Etc, etc. There was another song that sounded like post-Elephant White Stripes, but it sounded much better because when Gerard wants to sound all snarly and "intense" or whatever he can nail it, whereas Jack sounds like he's got something up his ass, which is quite funny to think about because it's probably TRUE.

The really really really bad part, the part that made me wanna barf, was "The End" which IRONICALLY enough is actually the first track of the album (omagosh! orly?! no wai!!) and I'm pretty sure it takes the melody from "Five Years" and it's like, NO. No, no no nonono. I groaned so hard and wished it wasn't so. I think my heart broke a little when I heard this track. And by "a little" I mean COMPLETELY. Also, Gerard Way: crooning, really not your forte, huh? Even Julian Casablancas is better at it than you. On the other hand, I'll look forward to the day when you and Jules do a lounge act double-header. Ahhh.

Long story long, I'm so happy that My Chemical Romance entered my life! They're hilarious! And they could have picked worse a worse hero than like, David Bowie! I mean, Panic! at the Disco are so young that their heroes are like, Third Eye Blind!

No comments: