16 October 2006

Oh Really, Your Folks Are Away Now?

I guess Paul told his roommate (Poingly) that I LOVED his set at the Obsolete Units party, cos he added me on MySpace. That made me LOL more than a little. Of course I added him back.

So on Friday I spent most of the day with Boogie-Down Nicole. After work we went grocery shopping and we also bought a gift for Rrrachel. Oh yeah and I bought Rip it Up and Start Again. Assum! I watched a bit of MTVU at Boogie-Down Nicole's and "Wolf Like Me" came on. It was awesome. I love that TV on the Radio look mad serious but they're pretty goofy when they wanna be.

We went to get Pommes Frites and we met Notorious Angela and I dunno. Oh that's right, we went to Disshapes @ Militant Vegan Emo Boy Adam's. It was pretty lame while I was there, but it was still sorta fun. Like I got so annoyed that we hardly listened to any song all the way through, but at least they let "Deceptacon" play to the end. Shiiit, that was seriously so annoying. Also, it was way too estrogen-heavy. Where were all the duuudes. As my dad was driving me away I saw Kareem (avec his posse) and I was like, "Damn, well there goes the REAL party". Indeed, I hear the party was awesome once Kareem (and his minions) got there.

Whatevs, the best thing that happened all night was that Boogie-Down Nicole burned me these Håkan Hellström albums into one CD and they're fucking awesome. Actually, I can't get through the first album because I like it so much. But eventually, I'll get to the second one.



On Saturday I met with Doris and we made fun of white people and looked at comic books and I bought an Anita Carter album and a Los Bunkers album from Tower. The LPs I wanted were GONE, cos I'm too much of an obvious idiot who waits around too long and doesn't take advantage, but at least I got those 2 CDs.

Then afterwards I went to Rrrachel's house for her birthday and I wasn't looking forward to it but then Rrrachel gave me some ibuprofen and the rest of them fine folks drank wine and we all had grilled cheese sandwiches courtesy of Boogie-Down Nicole and we listened to Room on Fire and everyone tried to clap but no one could get it right and it was hiiiii-larious. Best party ever! Except for the lack of hot guys. All we had was Panic! at the Disco on the cover of Spin. LMAOXCORE.



I'm so exhausted. At least my musicsecret showed up. Guess the number. Hint: reference to the Illiad, LOL! No seriously. Like the epic poem. What what.

Today I went to Staples and there was one of those hot Latino scene kids. I mean, totes in black, from head to toe. Damn. Anyway, he was there picking up some bubble envelopes. Go figure--he probably had some demo tapes to send out. Sexy.

5 comments:

minor disappointments said...

ZOMG "Our House!!" I went into a Bath and Body Works this evening and that was playing, and it made the whole experience loads more enjoyable.

Gabriela said...

Wait, but Disshapes was fun before Kareem got there.

Paul Haney said...

I was going to party, but I was hip-hop karaoking!

Anonymous said...

AIEEEE I LOVE MADNESS

Anonymous said...

Ahahahhah I was totally going to put that secret in the group with the description "I know one of you made this, but it still deserves a place on the internets hall of fame."