17 October 2006

I Have a Way of Making People Uncomfortable at Times.

Look! It's Håkan Hellström!!


So... Simon Reynolds, who wrote Rip it Up and Start Again, came to speak to our class. He was very nice, very cute and cuddly and knowledgeable, too. Then a fire alarm went off. I was so fucking pissed off! I did not wait for 7 weeks for this dude to show up just so the fucking fire alarm could fucking go off on a fucking rainy day! Tch! Anyway, we only stayed out in the rain a few minutes and we made it back in, and we found out we got locked out of our classroom. Haha. Ohhh god. So I happened to be standing right next to el señor Reynolds, so I go, "Hey, you should do another episode of New York Noise" to which he made this face, in recognition, and replied in his proper British accent, "Oh god, you saw that, did you," and then he sounded sort of apologetic trying to explain that the producers had stuck him in a hair salon and how he didn't know what the fuck he was doing there so he had to improvise. Aw! I didn't mean to bring back bad memories, so I tried to assuage the emotional damage and was like, "Yeah, but I really liked your choice of videos, like I'd never seen Josef K video before," and he seemed to appreciate that okay. And then we parted ways with an awkward goodby, since class was over.

Oh yeah, totally forgot that CBGB's finally closed. What's next? Chinese Democracy finally to be released???



1 comment:

Gabriela said...

LOLOLOLOL CHINESE DEMOCRACY. TOO GOOD.