28 September 2006

Fea.

I just checked out Stereogum and he put up the video for "The Black Parade", which I obviously watched. I want those five minutes of my life back. WTF, I was TOTALLY RIGHT. It's like an ad for an anime convention. Actually, the lyrics to the song are taken pretty literally in this video and it makes me sad that they didn't go crazy with a concept. I mean, it's a weird song, it's got a weird structure. The video totally makes me dislike this song. Like most of the video was Gerard on the camera and y'all gotta understand, I love Gerard but there was so much more to love when he was a fatty, y'know? Ugh, what a waste of a budget. I was expecting "Wake Me Up When September Ends": a lot of laughin', a lot of cryin', and a lot of cryin' from laughin' too fuckin' hard. The only thing that made me LOL was when Gerard is all like, "I'ma smash this mic stand!!!" I was like, yeah, okay. Shit, even a video of "Snakes on a Plane" quality would have made my day. Sigh!

Great news! My Bowie secret finally showed up!! I made one about Stuart Murdoch too, but they must have taken it off... I understand cos it was a total wank and I really honestly did submit it just to piss off people. Hee...

I watched the premiere of Ugly Betty today and it was really cute! It doesn't take itself very seriously and the cast was hilarious. OMG and the clips with Salma Hayek in them made me laugh even harder. I dunno how long this could go, I really feel like it should be like a real telenovela and just go one or two seasons... Then again, I get a feeling it's gonna get cancelled. :/

I went to the library today and found out there's DVDs of the original Degrassi series.

-----

Class went as badly as I imagined it would. Bummed me out a bit, more so that I had to workshop a poem that even I hated! I feel bad for the rest of my classmates. :( Actually I was lying, it's really depressing me. I got so frustrated during class that this one girl was like, "Well at least you tried." Word.

I may or may not be making friends. And by "friends" I mean people with whom I exchange banter about Lydia Lunch and Love and Rockets and America's Next Top Model and David Cross and Our Band Could Save Your Life. It's shocking the amount of namechecking I've committed in the past day and a half. I hate myself, hahaha.

2 comments:

minor disappointments said...

I'm sorry your workshop didn't work out? What did those losers say? I'm positive their poems weren't better than yours.

Paul Haney said...

Paul presents three great unyielding truths (sorry, I'm exhausted at work and slowly losing my mind)!

1. Music Secret creeps me the fuck out. Sheesh. But Bowie is great! Even I'd fuck David Bowie (errr....ummmm).

2. Stop listening to My Chemical Romance.

3. I know how creative writing classes can be. But don't get discouraged! We all have things in those classes we're not proud of. God, I remember the fiction I did for my first creative writing class; it was dire, and I get embarassed just thinking about it (maybe cause I had a pretty big crush on my teacher). But honestly, I bet your poem was better than a lot of NYU writers and their "whoa-is-me-I'm-tortured-and-hip-and-trust-funded" poo.

Want....sleep....now.........