10 September 2006

iLose, pt. 3

I found out Marisa Monte is dropping not one but TWO new albums on Tuesday. Well, they've been out in Brazil, but they're releasing them in the US on Tuesday. I'm probably not gonna buy them but it's exciting to know her stuff is being released in the US!

My iPod return went fantastic. The kid who helped me with the return was wearing an Edan shirt, so I knew everything would work out all right. I got a call when I got home from Citibank asking me about my purchases. They were worried that someone had stolen my card and bought all that stupid shit. By stupid shit I mean photocopied readings, textbooks, and that fucking iPod. The fabulous thing about returning the iPod, other than the Edan-shirted boy, was that he tested out the iPod and came back to me saying, "Dude, yeah, your iPod's messed up." I was like, "WTF?!" It was exciting because it was like he'd said, "It's not completely your fault." WOW! And all this time, when the stupid iPod was making sad faces at me, I thought I'd fucked up big time. I win!

Afterwards I picked up a Coke at a grocery store and sat around school, doing my reading. At one point I looked up and saw this couple, armed with cameras around their necks, and the woman in the couple directed her camera at me. I was like "Um...?" and I frowned but didn't look away. I decided that she wasn't really bothering me and so I proceeded to ignore her, but not before she got a bit closer and took a couple more pictures of me. I wonder who she was and why she chose to take a picture of me without asking me for my permission. I also had to think about why I didn't stop her. I decided it was because I was flattered. I just hope it wasn't some CIA agent or something like that.

My classes are going well. Sorta, I'm already behind in my reading. My Punk class teacher is absolutely adorable.

No comments: