16 September 2006

Cos the Car Commercial Thing's Been Overdone.

Um, I was watchin' some show this morning and this car insurance commercial came on for Geico. There was a song playing and I'm preeeeetty fuckin' sure it was the voice of Erlend Øye. Could someone please verify this for me?

They showed this documentary (Mambo to Hip Hop: A South Bronx Story) a couple of nights ago on music from the Bronx and how much Latin music influenced shit. One of the talking heads was Charlie Chase and I almost died from the shock to see he's like, fat and a bit old. Oh my lord. From the pictures I'd seen, he seemed mad cute, y'know? So just to see the older version of him... It was a bit traumatic.

I also watched Breafkafst (!!) at Tiffany's for the first time ever. It depressed me quite a lot. Well, more than I already am, haha.

2 comments:

TravisO said...

Yes, that is Erlend Oye singing on a remix of Royksopp's "Remind Me" track, which they released on their "Melody A.M" album back in 2001.

Elizabeth U. said...

ahh, thank you for enlightening me, kind stranger!