02 September 2006

The Tempest.

Be Your Own Pet lost their drummer. Congratulations, BYOP! You're officially a real band! Apparently he was to go to like, college and shit. I think it's a good thing.

I also can't believe that Robert X-gau got fired from the Village Voice. It's not that I like what he writes, but it's like, he's been there for like a million years!

So that post-punk book I'm reading? My future teacher is totally quoted in it. Haha! Weird.

By the way, if you ever encounter a British book called N.Y.C. Rock, don't buy it. In the bit about Interpol, he mentions that the drummer's name is Sam Foragino.

I bought some of my schoolbooks already, as well as Bitchfest, which collects essays from the first 10 years of Bitch. As soon as I saw it I got so excited and I knew I had to buy it but I'll get to it once I finish Rip it Up and Start Again. Shit, I hate having like a long queue of books to read. I'm such a slow reader and it feels like I'll never get to the next one.

Maria gave me this Manixxxxx CD called This is My Truth Tell Me Yours, and that is officially my first Manixxxxxxx album. THANKS! The album is shockingly outdated. I mean I like the songs, but you can obviously tell it was made, ahem, in the late 20th century. It just sounds like an ALBUM. It's cohesive through the entire thing, it makes sense that this set of songs is in this order from start to finish and that we should all listen to it from beginning to end in one sitting. It feels totally bizarre to do that instead of just making a playlist on your mp3 player with all your most favorite tracks from different artists.

3 comments:

Paul Haney said...

I used to be a huge Manics fan to the point of owning their overproduced glam-metal-esque debut album. Sigh...memories.

minor disappointments said...

The Bitch people are speaking at The New School soon! I'm so glad that they're coming and that I get to go!

I know what you mean about the Manixxxx CD. I still feel very much compelled to skip over the first track, though.

Anonymous said...

People still make albums!