26 September 2006

School is Cool.

Coño, y'all! When are my fucking secrets gonna show up?!?!

I heard the coolest song today in class! It almost beats the time I heard "Hey There Little Insect" in my previous music class! A note about the Richman song: my VH1-talking-head teach was all like, "LAWLZ RICHMAN IS SUCH A SQUARE" but when I heard that song I was like, "WASSUP GENIUS", etc.

Anyway, this is a reggae song called "Don't Call Us Immigrants" by Tabby Cat Kelly (yousendit link).

Class was pretty amazing, mostly because my teacher told us this crazy story about how she went undercover to report on a National Front rally and how Skrewdriver, the most famous racist Oi! band played at said rally. The National Front was (is?) the fascist, racist political party in Britain. Very conservative. Anyways, you guys don't know her name, but she's got a sorta Jewish name. So she goes to this rally and this racist dude is all like, hitting on her. She wrote about this rally in like Melody Maker I think, but I'll tell you the rest: so for the sake of her undercover plans, she's like, sure, take me for a drink, and so she and the racist dude go to a crowded bar and he starts spewing all this racist bullshit. And she was all like, "Um, yeah, so before we do anything else, I gotta tell you I'm Jewish" (!!!). And the dude is like, "Whoa". But then he thinks about it and he still wanted to hang out with her!!!!! HA.

I heard another song during the weekend, which angered me because I liked it so much. To elaborate, it's by some sensitive Swedish singer-songwriter chick and it's got cheap electronic beats in the background and it's less than two minutes long. And I TOTALLY FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. I don't want to talk about what song it is, because (1) it could go terribly wrong and everyone might hate it and be like, "Gawd Elizabeth you are a moron" or (2) everyone might love it and it might get popular to the point of ohhh maybe ending up on Grey's Anatomy or The OC or the next movie Zach Braff makes, cos it's that type of song. SIGH! It's a futile effort, as you could very easily go to my audiocrobbler and find out which song it is.

In other news, apparently yesterday there was a whole "free day at the NYC Opera" dealio. I almost died when I found out. I would have cut work for that shit!! I've only gone to the opera once in my life and I really wish I could go!!!

I had to hand in a poem for my creative writing class today and it was horrible. I almost cried in the middle of class because the workshopping on Thursday is gonna be total bullshit. We're supposed to say good things and bad things, but honestly in my mind this piece is no good, I wanted it to be one thing and I failed to bring these goals to life. It makes me feel like such a human with like, FLAWS and shit. UGH. The only thing is that at least I tried. It's a great failure, I think. And I would have been angrier at myself if I HADN'T tried to make it totally over the top.

Woohoo, I'm doing research on Touch and Go. Time to whip out my very own copy of Our Band Could Be Your Life. Oh boy, that was exciting to type. This book makes me so happy.

Bee tee dubs, I keep forgetting to mention that I watched Anna Christie in English. It was fucking great. It was my first time watching a Greta Garbo movie. She's so beautiful. The whole movie was so angsty. I loved it.

No comments: