03 September 2006

WSN

I went to the first newspaper meeting of the year! The meeting took place in the hall because the University is supposed to be closed and we couldn't get into the actual offices. I didn't recognize anyone except for Vadim and the new editor, who I met briefly a few days earlier during an open house for WSN. Vadim is pretty much the same as before but I feel like I can tolerate him a bit better. The new kids seem nice, if a bit normal. We're writing about anti-suicide songs, and when I said, "What about that Third Eye Blind song?" a number of them piped up cheerily with "Oh, yeah!" in a totally sincere way. I'm not sure if I'll have much in common with these new kids because I didn't get to chat with them much today, but I hope they're cool.

I also got dibs reviewing the new Kinky album.

Anyway, I'm kinda bummed that most of the friends I've made in college are from the newspaper, because a lot of them are also studying abroad this semester. However, it's nice that they weren't around to scare off the new kids by being all pretentious and shit.

In other news, late last night my mind was blown away because they were showing TWO interesting movies: She's Gotta Have it and Rushmore. Dude, I'd never seen the former movie so I was pleasantly surprised to see some of it. I was primarily watching Rushmore, y'see. I didn't finish either because by 1:45 am I was getting way too tired.

No comments: