10 September 2006

Somebody Stop Me.

Oh god, I'm gonna screw up my Audioscrobbler charts for next week... I keep listening to this cover of "Big Time Sensuality" by THE STARTING LINE I swiped from Copy, Right? It's just... it's such an endearing, horrifying train wreck. It's hilarious that they could go so wrong on a song that's so fucking right! And it's like every other damn pop-punk song ever! I can't imagine this band being proud of this song, and I can't believe this was released. On the other hand, I totally understand that Björk is a difficult individual to pay tribute to.

I've been spending the last two hours downloading music from blogs. I got some sweet shit, like Blind Willie McTell's "Your Southern Can is Mine". I'm a happy camper, really.

Oh yeah, and I also downloaded a reggae version of "Karma Police", my favorite Radiohead song. And by "favorite" I mean I hardly listen to anything else, to be honest. Anyhoo, I don't think it's that great either, but shit, there's a whole album of these Radiohead tracks; it's a comp called Radiodread, cute, huh?

At school I got a promo copy of the Feist remix album. Haven't given it a full spin yet, though.

1 comment:

Paul Haney said...

Dear Elizabeth U.,

Stop listening to pop-punk. Before it's too late!!!!

Your snobby friend,
Paul