13 August 2006

Sonic Youth.

Yesterday I took a train to Guillermoburg. As soon as I got there, I felt totally uncomfortable. I just felt very disconnected from this place, the kids around here. I don't know how to explain it. Rachel had told me that YYYs were headlining and we decided that if this was the case, we weren't gonna stay. We got there too early and lined up.

Awesome Color were the opening band and they were hilarious. I think the music was aight, too, I just can't recall how it even sounded. They had this bassist who looked like an older version of Dewey from Malcolm in the Middle. They had a lot of their friends play with them... including some tall dude named Thurston. It was so cute, before Thurston got on stage to play with them, he had a camcorder, taping Awesome Color. The band also had a friend on vocals who had this crazy stage presence. He got really intense and would make a claw out of his hand, which he would wave around to the beat of the music. Hm, I'm not explaining this right. I hope a video of his performance pops up, because it made me laugh incredibly hard. The dude was wild. At one point he was screaming so hard that you could see the tightness of his neck muscles, and he was incredibly red in the face.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs were good. I liked Karen's outfit, it came with a headpiece and everything. Apparently, it's Christian Joy's wedding day, so congrats to her. The band played "Bang" and "Y-Control", so I was pretty happy. However, there was a a point when they were playing these mopier newer songs, where I was sooooo bored.

Not only that, the acoustic version of "Maps" sucked. Like beyond belief. I'd never pay to see fucking Unitard. Gawd. And I thought it totally sucked that Brian was just sitting there instead of rocking his hot longer hair. Man, he's such a Hottie Hotbergsteinowitz. He was really good on "Turn Into", as well!

SONIC MUTHAFUCKIN YOUTH WERE AMAZING. C'est tout. Got on stage and immediately played "Teenage Riot". People went apeshit. Lots of Kim doing creepy vocals and cute interpretive dancing. She danced goofily, like she was some 14-year-old in her bedroom alone listening to her favorite records. At one point she danced over to Thurston and sort of held on to him and tried to dance while he was still trying to play the guitar.

OMIGOD! AND THEY PLAYED "100%"!!!!!!! MORE APESHITTING WENT ON!!!!!!!!! ;aoima0958mqjlnds8bpa093w5n2;8nap0659q86lrq

Oh by the way, this is where I should add, Sonic Youth aren't one of my favorite bands. Tch, and the show was not without harm. My mouth hurt cos I smiled through the entire set, and my neck hurt from looking up for so long. If you can't tell, we were on Thurston's side. Sigh! What a QT. Except I feel bad for ever lusting after him. I wish we could just be BFFs and jam together!! I'd let the motherfucker bleed on my drums if he so wished...

For the most part, the crowd was cool. I'd like to send props to the boy in the *Nsync shirt and his friend. They were obnoxious but in a really funny way. Also, ALFIE STOOD RIGHT NEXT TO ME AGAIN! And he has a girlfriend now, with whom he proceeded to make out in between sets. ::GAGGING NOISES:: Hahaha. I'm such a loser, I can't bring myself up to saying hi. I've now accepted that I'm gonna keep seeing him at shows but gawd, what am I going to say? Here's scenario for y'all to consider:

"Whoa, hey, Alfie, right?"
"Um, who are you?"
"Oh, you don't remember me. I went to Bronx Science."
"Oh... hey."
"Yeah... um, I had a crush on your friend."
"?!?!?!"

GAH. AWKWARD.

But Sonic Youth we wonderful, really beautiful, technically proficient (thank the Lord), very cute. Oh, and those drums were seriously awesome. They sounded fantastic. Man, I really have to retire on this concert shit, but this once, I'm really happy I was able to witness that show. I'm totally honored.

No comments: