19 August 2006

Granfalloons, Among Other Things.

When I was younger and a bit smarter, I figured I should convert to Bokononism. I've forgotten everything about it now, except for three things: it's based on lies, it involves foot sex, and it speaks about these things called granfalloons. Now, I totally agree with Bokonon on the whole granfalloon situation.

So I was a bit irked on Thursday when I showed up wearing my red Insound shirt and was met with this girl pointing out that I was one of four other people wearing red shirts that day. See, yes, I understand it's odd that the ratio of people wearing red shirts to other-colored shirts was higher than usual, but c'mon, did she seriously have to tell everyone about this? Like did wearing red shirts make us BFFs, some exclusive and impenetrable club of red-shirt wearing office workers? Seriously. I just can't believe the random and pointless shit in which some people try to find meaning.

Anyway, I'd been briefed when I started work about this girl who uses the word "irregardless" several times a day. On Thursday I was talking to this girl about something and she used the word "irregardless". I was so shocked and I was trying so hard not to crack up right in front of her, and I couldn't look her in the eye.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I WAS JUST WATHICNG ACCESS HOLLYWOOD HOLY SHIT so Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner were on and they kept having eye sex and shit and it was too much! I was laughing my ass off the entire time! I was like "STFU it's your fucking fault that shit like slash exists!!!"

I watched a documentary on Edith Piaf today; which was dubbed from the French. A waste of time, really. I feel bad because I'm very easy to please, but seriously, it wasn't really revelatory and it was mostly people reminiscing about how they dealt with her death. I did learn something important, though: I don't care for her music. At the same time, the live footage showed how charming and funny she was, and obviously, she had a great voice. I think what surprised me most is that she was pretty tiny. She's so revered that I thought that, physically, she'd be as big as her personality. Huh.

Here's a video of Björk and Steve Coogan. Brilliant.

No comments: