30 August 2006

"I Can't Groove When You're Playing Like This!"



ZOMG y'all? What the fuck is going on in this video? Did it blow all yo' minds like it blew mine? Holy muthafuckin'.

So, walking around work I see all these kids travelin' in packs. The freshmen have moved into NYU and taken over.

I've been all right. Highlights in the past week have included re-watching O Brother, Where Art Thou? and getting most of the historical references, talking to Rachel's Dad about Gorilla Biscuits and fucking Porcell, realizing I'm getting paid mad money for all the work I did last week, listening to the original "I'm Into Something Good" and deciding it may be one of the best and most joyous pop songs ever.



Not only that, I got to spend most of the week with Boogie-Down Nicole, got to see Claudia, and Maria, and Gabs, except I felt really sad after talking to Gabs cos she's been having a shitty time lately and I even though we're not like BFFs I wish I knew how to fix her problems. I also got to see the Walkmen for my first and probably last time ever. They sounded pretty good, but I wish the weather hadn't been so crappy. Also, there was this skinny-ass bearded dude who was like, Beckett's twin from the back and he was really distracting. LMAO.

YESTERDAY I BOUGHT OUR BAND COULD BE YOUR LIFE. AND CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP. IT COST ME A TOTAL OF $15. SWEET.

I also finally started reading Rip it Up and Start Again. Pretty good so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With you*

Anonymous said...

I just saw this. Thanks. You are sweet.

-Gabriela