18 August 2006

A Few Videos.

Today I watched this documentary called The Search for Robert Johnson, which was just okay, except for the part where they showed a video clip of Son House playing "Death Letter". This was totally amazing. Ahhh. Especially cos I'd only heard the White Stripes version, and I thought it was one of the best songs on De Stijl.

A couple of days ago my dad and I were watching Carter Family videos on YouTube together (I know, ROFLXCORE) and I thought this song in particular was amazing:

I'm assuming Johnny Cash was still doing drugs, cos he's pretty skinny? Anyway, Anita Carter--wow! My dad and I were like, "Holy shit, let's make a mix CD just so we can put that song!!" Well, we didn't really say that, but I definitely thought it.

I picked up Will You Miss Me When I'm Gone? again. It got really interesting with all the stuff about Johnny Cash and how he was madly in love with June Carter. Oh, boy!

Hey kids, Filter is giving away a copy of the new Kinky album! Enter here.

By the way, here's a cool interview featuring Fatrick and Trohman:


They're so cute. And geeky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I definitely swooned a bit whenever Patrick mentioned something indiellectual (Rushmore? The Squid and The Whale? Gogol Bordello? <3 <3 <3!!), because I love all of those things and therefore it is becoming ever more obvious that 1) the Panda and I are destined for true love, and 2) he is a closet hipster. These are *100% true facts*.

P.S. - I <3 your blog hardxcore, especially the parts where I am referred to as *notorious*.

Landscape Contractors San Pedro said...

Appreciatte you blogging this