29 June 2006

Team Elizabeth U.!!!

So, I got an email today that the new single from the Rapture will be streaming on their myspace profile starting tomorrow. I hope their next album is better than Echoes. That shit was way too inconsistent, and vocalist dude's uh, voice was unbearable. Ugh.

I just listened to the new Jessica Simpson song... Word on the street was that she ripped off Madonna's "Holiday". And they really do sound alike! Which is why I sort of like this song! But Jessica looks so messed up now with her tacky-ass wigs. Team Lachey! But Nick's fucking weepy song is painful to listen to! Team Simpson!

Um. I just listened to "Everybody" by Madonna for the first time. And yes, I did recognize the sampled part used in that Annie song. (I'm so perceptive.) Team Madonna!!

Speaking of Madonna, I bought Rachel a copy of Psychic Hearts. Team Ciccone Youth!!!

You know whose team I DON'T support? Fucking publicists. I swear to god, if I was a publicist, I would be answering my emails all day as quickly as possible and in an incredibly organized manner. I don't understand what they're thinking. Publicists should make the whole process of contacting a musician or band easier... unless your client is Pete Doherty or Britney Spears, then it's all about damage control and keeping the media away and trying to keep the dumb clients in line. Shouldn't publicists be at least communicative and professional? Do they realize that I'm trying to do them a fucking favor? Believe me, I'm not a moron, I'm nice to publicists so that they'll be good to me when arranging interviews. It should go as painlessly as possible, but a good number of them are totally lax about the way they handle their work. Do they want to be taken seriously? I am not a jackass unless they provoke me, and boy, some really rub me the wrong way.

Of course I'm ranting because of something that happened, and that something is THIS: I emailed Tuesday eve asking for an interview with this singer. And Wednesday I got NO RESPONSE whatsoever. This morning I checked my email and nothing. You know, I tried to calm myself down; I told myself that I've become spoiled by the internet and that I always want things NOW NOW NOW. Well I come home this evening, and I see an email saying "are you all set for tonight w [artist's name] ? do you have a contact phone ?" Uh, NO. I didn't even know that I was doing a fucking interview with a fucking certain Argentinian singer tonight. Hey, next time you arrange an interview, MAKE SURE TO LET ME KNOW. LIKE IN ADVANCE. How am I supposed to fucking prepare? To make things superawesome, I was emailed by someone different from whom I originally contacted (er, grammar?), and she didn't even use proper capitalization!

This last problem is such a plague what with the internets ruling the world now. But it's like, COME THE FUCK ON. If you're in a position of certain value, you should NOT conduct your fucking work without using proper punctuation and capitalization. You sure took your time getting back to me--how about you take the time to write properly? I can't believe people expect to be respected like that. I KNOW you're not fucking robots and you may not have a perfect grasp on grammar and punctuation. But how about you give it a TRY? I'm a lowly "writer" (haha) who doesn't get paid for her work, but I take it seriously and I feel that there's a lot of honor in what I do, and believe you me, I FUCKING TRY.

In other news, things I got from Insound: this crazy compilation of Indian-Brazilian music from Outcaste Records, Wind in the Wires 7", and Despite Everything by Aaron Cometbus!!

By the way, anybody sent an envelope to Dorothy Gambrell? Have you guys received any stickers and/or pins if you have?

Sigh, back to doing research.