25 June 2006

Just $1.65.

Met up with Rachelini and went to Central Park to see my one true love, Buck 65. The weather was breezy and drizzly. We sat through Jason Collett, who was not bad, though I think he was a bit boring on the stage. He's one of those Broken Social Scenestars. Y'know.

Buck 65 himself was all right. I feel bad that the crowd didn't care much for him. As I watched the set I thought, "So that's why he has no distribution here". I think a lot of people didn't know what to make of him. Well, his voice was as gravelly as ever, and he had that little book with him with his programming notes in it. And maybe there are lyrics in there, too. I'm not sure. I think it's a magical notebook. Anyway, I think the set was badly paced. Maybe I'm asking for too much, but a family-friendly, afternoon show? I'd have performed some faster numbers. Or at least some more "classic" songs. C'mon, where the hell was "Roses and Bluejays" when I needed it? At least I could have gotten "Wicked and Weird"... It was mostly from Secret House Against the World. "Rough House Blues" actually quite nice, though. And the first half of "Blood of a Young Wolf" was excellent. He butchered "Kennedy Killed the Hat", though, slowing it down and losing all the awesome momentum from the recorded version. I don't think he's a bad performer because I've seen footage of him performing live and it's really bitching and engaging. I think the best part, besides when he spoke, was when he was doing his thing on the turntables. I was like, "I wanna be a DJ!!"

Here is a live set dear little Rich Terfry did. Seriously, this is highly recommended, especially because of this crazy ass story he tells about fuckin' Pythagoras. So charming.

We didn't stay for Feist.

Shockingly, they accepted credit cards at the merch table, so I bought a copy of Talkin' Honky Blues. I'm totally shocked that I now own a copy. I'm too scared to open it. Owning this CD, it always seemed like a fantasy. Like my plan was that one day I was gonna go to Canada, chill with my bitches (like Molly, or Jax, or V, etc.) and I was gonna buy all the Buck 65 albums. Haha. I'm very happy about it though, no doubt.

Going home, I made the brilliant mistake of not listening to the announcements, and the train... sort of skipped my stop. It went all the way to the last station, which is about three stops from mine. So I tried to go back down to my stop, but then I realized my train station was completely closed for the weekend. I actually got off one stop away. To make everything so much more enjoyable, I really wanted to go to the bathroom! I was definitely able to hold it, but it wasn't the happiest experience (lolololol). I called my dad and was like, "Yeah, I'm at Mosholu, our train station is closed..." My dad was thinking I was in Manhattan for some stupid reason. He kept telling me to get a cab for some other stupid reason. I didn't realized he thought I was in Manhattan and I was like, "Why??" And then I felt offended because I thought he thought I was too weak and wouldn't be able to handle walking back home. I was so mad, all like, "He doesn't think I'm capable of doing ANYTHING! [Miserable sob.]" I wasn't sure how far away I was, but after I came home I found out it was only like, 10 blocks, at most. I was planning on walking the way back, just to show the bastard, but once I got on the big street, I noticed a bus stop and I took the bus back. Why pay for a fucking cab when you can ride the bus for "free"? It only took 10 or 15 minutes.

When I rang the bell for the apartment, I got no response. I couldn't believe it, because I'd only called home 20 minutes earlier. I wondered why they were ignoring me. So I let myself in, and my dad was like, "Elizabeth!! What are you doing home?! How'd you get here?!?!?!" I was like, "Uh, I got on Grand Concourse and took the bus." He was like, "But I thought you were in Manhattan!!!" And then he tried to blame things on me, even though I'd been so resourceful and levelheaded! I was totally like STFU. And then I went to the bathroom.

No comments: