24 June 2006

I Love Rock N Roll.

Yesterday I hung out with my friends. Went to Other Music with Rachel and Grumpy Jesus Guy was watching us. I have concluded that it's because this one time, Rachel and I were at the store and I asked her if she was going to purchase the CD she had in her hands, and she said in her typical sarcastic manner, "No, I'm going to steal it." He just gave us both this look.

Anyways, we went to the Quirowitz household and read musicsecret and had a good laugh. I mistakenly told them that Shaant from CIWWAFUCKTHISGODDAMNBANDNAMEISWAYTOOLONG is 18; I was confusing him with Sonny from From First to Last. Hey, sorry I confused one ugly greasy-haired bum with another. Shaant apparently is all of 19! I think everyone else was confused, too, Steven's Untitled Rock Show was on and FFTL were on but we were like, "Dude, that kid looks like Shaant." Boogie-Down Nicole and I also concluded that Trohman from Fall Out Boy is fucking awesome. This is evident in the following clip from the "Making Of... 'Dance, Dance'" video:



(Forward to around 1:12, and then to 3:25)

Rachel was like, "What's the big deal", but we were both like, "Dude, he's Jewish!" because we all know that's a totally legit reason for liking someone. For dinner we went to get Chinese food and I think Boogie-Down Nicole got a bit teary talking about how much she loves Selena.

Anyway, since I haven't written about Interpol in ages, here are my favorite remixes of their songs:

(1) "Fog vs. Mould for the Length of Love"
(2) "Obstacle 1 (Arthur Baker Mix)"
(3) "Public Pervert (Carlos D. Remix)"

We got some cool stuff at work. Like this new intern kid. He's so cute and cuddly and namechecked Aziz in my presence. He also seemed quite amused when "OMG I <3 Livejournal (And My Livejournal <3s Me)" played on my mp3 player. I think we'll be able to be friends. LOL. Well, the products we got were awesome and I sort of want ALL of them! I must save my store credit. We got the Four Tet DJ-Kicks, a compilation of British reggae and calypso, and We Jam Econo. I was shocked by the new intern because he asked me who the Minutemen are. I don't know why I was so shocked especially since this kid is pretty young; I think it was probably my sexist views of indie rock fans. It was a weird and irrational reaction from me. I just told him to read Our Band Could Be Your Life.

My dad told me that he plays the CD that I burned him with all these songs that he likes, and he observed that when he plays "La jaula de oro", the Mexican dudes in the liquor store my dad works in get bummed. I'm like, NO SHIT. The whole song is how living in America as an immigrant sucks. But I have to agree with him, what an awesome fucking song!

OMG! By the time I wake up tomorrow, my Joan Jett vid on YouTube will have had 10,000 hits! ASSUM! Speaking of videos, in my last post I forgot two important videos I think everyone should watch: "Dog on the Sidewalk" by Deerhoof and "Karma Police" by Radiohead.

Tomorrow: Jason Collett, Buck 65 (!!!) and Feist. I wanted to go to the Pride Parade but I really can't do both. I'd be too pooped by the end of the day, I think. I don't want to be in too many crowds and in the sun for so long.

No comments: