04 January 2007

Things to Do.

A couple of things worth taking note.

(1) Coliseum Books is closing 4EVER, which means they're slashing prices big time. Well, it was half off, but there's still some time, and there's still some interesting shit, so go go go. 42nd Street between 5th and 6th Aves., near the (fancy) NYPL. Last day is Saturday. I spotted the issue of Mome I just read, featuring "The Armed Garden" by the genius that is David B. There was also a memoir on the making of Water, the Indian movie that just came out this year and has a bitching soundtrack. There was a lot of shit, honestly. I picked out like 10 books until it got too heavy, so I only got five--the Adrian Tomine subway sketches, As Nature Made Him, Erasure (of which I read an excerpt in Creative Writing and loved), that rock en español book, and this book on New Journalism.

(2) Actually, the NYPL store on 40th Street, next to the regular library, is closing as well. Their last day is Friday, hope they slash their prices just a bit more, hehe.

(3) Nuyorker says that David Lynch (!!) is speaking at the Union Sq. Barnes and Noble on Jan 11 @ 7 pm.

(4) Obsolete Units is presenting a show at the Knitting Factory Tap Bar on Jan 22. It will include Totally Dad, Richard Kamerman, a dude from Talibam! and The Groits. $7. Got my ticket today. Join me if you can!

Today: Library, Coliseum books, expensive lunch eaten in front of the (fancy) library, walk to the Times Square Virgin, bus ride down to Chinatown, ticket-buying at the Knitting Factory, train ride home. It was such a nice day and I had a lot of fun!
Tomorrow: Buy tix for Arcade Fire (for the last night); Devil Wears Prada with my mom (maybe)
Sunday: UCB show with Doris and Kat

2 comments:

Paul Haney said...

Thanks for the show support!

Gabriela said...

David Lynch is probably speaking about his new book on meditation, in which case it is not really worth it. I saw him speak last year at NYU and it was on the same thing. I was put on the mailing list for his foundation and it honestly just sounds like a cult. I guess it would be cool to just see him in person if you haven't had the opportunity to, but I wouldn't count on him talking about his movies, or at least talking in depth about them.