08 January 2007

Nada Me LimitarĂ¡

Not that you were thinking about me, but here I am, writing mostly because I have nothing better to do. I'm about to finish As Nature Made Him, which has left me confused and has been a really fascinating read. I've got a lot of books lined up to read next, but I don't know which one to pick up. Maybe a slimmer one since school will be starting up soon. I've been thinking of making a Favorites Books Ever list.

My most recent download has been Calle 13, Chetes, and Prissa.

You should listen to Prissa. They do this throwback guilty pleasure electropop shit, but without the guilt and with a lot of fun. It's sort of like Le Tigre but prettier? I'm not sure. Anyway, Javiera Mena is in the group and I sort of think she's beautiful, but really, the songs are really good, too!!



Ugh, isn't that video so fucking cute you wanna throw up? I think so.

I've been looking for Ready Steady Go! videos on YouTube, but there's a fucking L'arc-en-ciel (sp?) song with the same title and there's like a million fan-made anime clip mashups using that song. But I've been partly successful, in particular with this Kim Weston performance:



And this next one is quite lovely, except for the fact that John is doing his spaz routine, which leaves me feeling guilty for finding it funny. I'm sorry, I know it's not nice to find spazzy people funny ('sup Ian Curtis)... Pretty song though. Actually, the best part of the entire clip is when John sticks out his tongue and shows he's lip-syncing. Haha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOD I LOVE THAT BEATLES VIDEO/SONG EVERYTHING.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD AND RINGO LOOKS SO HOT AND LOOK AT THE GIRLS' OUTFITS WHY WASN'T I BORN IN 1947???!

Also, that Kim Weston video is ab-fab.