09 January 2007

Admission.

Can I get a "Jesus muthafuckin' Christ"? I didn't realize that the Bronx Museum of the Arts costs only $3 for students. THREE DOLLARS! HOLY SHIT.

The Guggenheim is $15 for students! If I'd known the Bronx Museum was so cheap I'd have gone sooner. BTW, I found out the Jewish Museum is doing an exhibit on old-school comics (like Will Eisner, etc) and that's only $7.50, so I'm totally planning on going to that, too.

Started reading Random Family, which so far is excellent but I can't quite believe that this white chick was hanging out in the South Bronx during the mid-80s. C'est tout.



Oh, and I got the latest Under the Radar in the mail. I know I shouldn't talk shit about stuff I get for free (thanks to Doris) but sometimes it's necessary ('sup Spin). To illustrate: Modest Mouse are on the cover. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I have to say, though, Johnny Marr is looking good; he only appears like 10 years older than the rest of the band? Maybe he is only 10 years older... I don't know. Whatever, he's got a full head of hair. Not like Moz who's struggling with his receding hairline.

Oh yes, I love Morrissey. I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

I read Random Family for scholars freshman year. It is really good but really really frustrating too.