31 January 2007

Style Peaces.

Well, walking around you see a lot of people have tagged up anything and everything that can be tagged on the street with whatever medium of choice. Sharpies, spray paint, stickers are really big now, too. Recently this tag caught my eye, because the name was so damn goofy. I will refrain from writing this person's tag (you can ask me in person if you really care, though you probably don't) because this person might find this blog and how awkward would that be? Anyway, I'd never noticed the tag before, so I was like, Where did this guy come from? So I googled the name.

This person has a MySpace.

Now, I think it's sorta "dumb" to have a MySpace, I don't know why, but it seems like it's way too public for you if you're a graffiti artist. If I was writing up shit all over the walls I'd lay low. But I guess he deems it safe.

Anyway, days ago I messaged him and was like, "Hey I like yr tags" and I forgot about it, but he messaged back and sounded very grateful! Awww. It warms my heart. Hope to see his name more often.

Speaking of graffiti, a word that I find hard to spell for some reason, there's one tag that I LOVE but I could never ever ever get the picture because it's so damn big and uh, it's sort of in the tunnel between the Fordham & Kingsbridge stations on the uptown D. "Sort of" meaning "definitely". Well, the tag says, "The words of the prophets will be written on the subway walls," which I thought was all OMINOUS and shit, so I googled that too, and found out it was from a Simon & Garfunkel song. Oooookay. How edgy.

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

Punny title!!!