06 July 2006

Work and Other Assorted Matters.

I'm not the kind to get jealous about Stuy kids, but seriously, THIS IS SO MESSED UP! It's even cooler than when they got Clinton to speak! Jesus I'm so angry and oh gawd I think Conan O'Brien is so ASSUM! That speech is great! Ahh he's pasty-looking. LAWLZ!

So work was great. Here's my top 5 most overplayed albums at work:

(1) Pink Flag
(2) Doolittle
(3) The Runners Four
(4) London Calling
(5) Innocence & Despair: The Langley Schools Music Project

Of course, I do play plenty of Interpol, too.

I think Damian can tell I get bored just filling out orders. Today he had me count all these cute Grandaddy t-shirts and then get them ready to be shipped. Which means I folded like 100 shirts, and I must tell you, I don't think I'll ever get a job at a clothing store. Sigh! It's not that I want to work at a clothing store, but it's like such menial work, so it's disappointing that I can't handle folding 100 t-shirts. :/ Hahahahaha. I'm very happy to be working in a place where they trust me.

And hey, Insound is having a party! Here are the details (from the Insound mailing list):

What: Insound’s Return of Shorts 2: The Beach
Where: Supreme Trading, 213 N 8th St, Brooklyn, NY 11211
When: Thursday, July 13th. 8pm
Who: Oh No! Oh My!, The Big Sleep, Professor Murder
How Much: $2.00 if you wear shorts, $5.00 if you chicken out
What Else: Free Sparks from 8-9pm
How Old: 21+

Hopefully I'll get to go?

On another note, if you're on the Insound mailing list you'll have noted that Tiny Mix Tapes contributed a list of albums we love. It's like my worlds have collided. The albums are on discount so spend all your money on all that sweet shit! And get this, there'll be another list coming up in the next email! So look out for it and check out the TMT recommendations! Especially the wild noise shit!!

I just listened to The Promise Ring, Jawbreaker and Lifetime for the first time. Just bits here and there that I found on YouTube. The first two didn't impress me that much, but I did like Lifetime! Also, I heard a bit of Cap'n Jazz and I wanna hear more of that. So I'm gonna have to research this matter further.

REMEMBER KIDDIES! Tomorrow is the Juana Molina show at South Street Seaport! Be there or... don't be there! Cos I might be there unless I'm not and I go watch Wassup Rockers instead--je ne sais pas.

No comments: