27 July 2006

Peas in a Pod.

Watched Brothers of the Head last night. The directors and the twins who played the conjoined twins in the movie were there to answer a lot of stupid questions. The twins are really hot. I liked the movie okay but it's more of a "borrow from the library" movie than a "spend your lunch money for a ticket at the theater" movie. However, I should mention it was my very first time at the IFC Center and it was an A- experience! The bathroom was amazing, especially the sink! The sound wasn't absolutely blaring in the theater and the temperature was just right.

Oh yeah, the movie, it was good but as I schlepped back home I realized I had A LOT of questions about what was going on. I thought the actors were good, but I suspect it was the flow of the story that had problems. Rachel noted that this movie didn't know what kind of movie it wanted to be, and that definitely complicated things. Maybe it's because the movie had two directors. At moments it was very art school, at others it was very punk rock biopic, for the most part it was supposed to be a documentary, but they also had bits of a fake fictional movie that was based on the conjoined twins' lives, and on top of that Brothers of the Head itself is described as a mockumentary in all the reviews and blurbs in the press but there's not much mockery going about except the fact that everything about this movie is VEry VERY British and it made me LOL. Was that confusing enough?

Right. If you watch the movie, just watch it for the hot twins. And the music. I was shocked that the music wasn't bad at all. During the Q&A we were told that the more rebellious twin was influenced by Iggy Pop, but I feel that the music was more British proto-punk via glam rock. You know, descendants of T. Rex, Bowie, etc with a good dose of DIY feelin'. Wow, okay, I'm gonna end this post before I get even more pretentious.

No comments: