15 July 2006

Old News.

Nothing really substantial to report. At work, the company got locked out of the building Monday morning. So a good 30 or so people were bumming on the street. This girl from my high school started working at DrillTeam. DrillTeam and Insound are sister companies, which means I'm probably going to see this girl a lot. At least I didn't hate her.

Started reading a book on Warp Records, unusual layout, has more of a coffee table book feel. I didn't know anything about Warp except for the obvious, that it focuses on electronic music, so it's been really nice to read about the label. It's also cool to read about a British place that's not London.

I listened to the new Justin Timberlake track and it's weak. As I listened to it I was like, "I think this would sound better if it was a girl vocalist" but then I realized that would make it sound like "Promiscuous" which really sucks.

I bought the CSS album which is so much stronger than a lot of the pop songs that are really popular right now. It sounds downright snooty and fun. The only thing that worries me is its longevity, but I've accepted that it'll keep me going for just a bit and I understand they're not like, fucking Rachmaninov. Oh no... I just realized... CSS sort of remind me of that first album by the Sounds... ugh why do I have to pick the worst bands to like! Be tee dubs, I still like Bonde do Role better.

I also bought The Message, which has weaker moments, but that song and "It's Nasty" are seriously amazing!

I got the Jeff Mangum live album which is okay; the sound quality leaves something to be desired but at the same time I like that it feels like a recording that some blogger kid made so he or she could get lots of hits. Plus, the song choice is excellent.

By the way, this musicsecret is so true. Moz has the best growl and I was really shocked that such a sexy sound could come out of a fuggy like him! LOLOLOLOL omg I'm gonna be stoned by Mozheads. W/evz bitches!

Last night I was flipping through the channels and I was shocked to see a young person on Charlie Rose! Not ON Charlie Rose, but I mean he was a guest on the show. Anyway, I saw this guy on the show and I was like, "Wow, cute hipsterish dude! Must watch!!" BUT THEN. I found out this guest was the head of American Apparel! I was like, "EWWW I DID NOT JUST FIND THAT PERV CUTE!!" Oh, oh! And on top of that, he's JEWISH! Why do I always like the Jews?!?!?! He's a Canadian Jew, isn't that cool? His name is Dov Charney. Anyway, Charlie Rose is a hard-hitting bastard, which is why he PASSINGLY mentioned the sexual harrassment suit in which the AA dude is involved. It really wouldn't have mattered; the dude probably can't comment on it. I think the one part that really killed me was when he's like, "I'm definitely an entrepreneur! It's in my blood!" And I was like, "Oh God, why must you make it so easy for me to make Jew jokes!" But before I really do get stoned, the AA dude totally blamed his love of money on his Jewish roots, too, which didn't do anything to kill the stereotype. Sigh.

Anyway, the dude sort of creeped me out, there was something very off about him and even though he was friendly and stuff, you could tell he's in another mentality. Like he was talking about hipster culture, but refrained from using that term, and I realized that he probably doesn't care so much about his clothes made in America, except that it's more cost effective for him. That is, I feel that he plays up the whole "no sweatshop work from 9-year-old Pakistani girls" not because he's the most kind-hearted person, but because it really doesn't make sense to him when it comes to business to move the labor outside of the country. BUT. That is just an assumption I made from his interview.

One last random thing, I watched the video for "Cheated Hearts" and I hated it. I feel like I'm in the minority and that pisses me off even more. I only got to the middle of the video when I just started crying really hard, mourning what this band used to mean to me and lamenting how much they suck. Wow, that makes me sound so fucking unstable and emo.

ANYWAY hope you suckas are having fun at fucking Siren, I don't regret not going. At least not as much as I regret not seeing LSF. Aight, pax I'm out.

No comments: