22 July 2006

No Future.

Yesterday I told Rachel that there's nothing interesting in Indie music right now, that there's no point in reading music journalism because it's all boring or uninteresting or plain old news. But that's a lie, it's an absolute lie. Believe me, there's tons of awesome stuff out there. I just found it easier to say that because she doesn't care that much, you know? She already knows what she likes and she's happy with it.

Me... I'm not very happy about this. It's like I'm losing hope about everything else in my life, couldn't I at least have the music? Is it too much to ask for? At least I'm not as stuck as I was last night. I've been thinking about it really hard. It's just a matter of which direction I want to pursue. I've been worrying about it a lot recently. It's just that I've invested all this time and effort, and it wasn't to waste, but I can't linger on it forever when there's only so much music you can listen to in your life. I'm just so confused about where to go and how to go about getting into it.

I could go backwards. Get more into older stuff, I mean.

I could forget about popular music, just go into classical.

I could go more into electronic stuff.

I could abandon American pop music, just get into all sorts of stuff all over the world. All these nations, why should the US dominate them all culturally? I seriously think that we should all be watching out for Brasil. Their fuel is more efficient (I think) AND they've got a bitching music history.

I feel like I'm being so impatient, I feel like I'm itching to move on while the rest of the world is just wasting its time on the next "The" band or whatever. I'm sorry for the "The" band reference, I know it's very 2003. But I feel like I'm right and everyone else is wrong for not pushing outside of their musical comfort zones. It's just like people sit at their blogs and refresh every other minute only to watch the dick-sucking tradition of bloggers linking one another. Or they just wait for Pitchfork to release something that's above 7.5 so they can order it from that fucking Neighborhoodies music store.

C'mon, y'all! We've got this whole musical world ahead of us! Let's not be satisfied with what's handed to us! There's so much to be discovered out there!! Oh, and if you've got suggestions for new music, hell yes, I wanna hear about it. My gmail is cuddleworthy. Now off you go, seize the music.

No comments: