14 May 2006

Under Control.

I tried explaining to Boogie-Down Nicole and Claudia today why I think the Strokes are nightmare interviewees. Take Jules alone... he's a lot like his buddy Courtney Love. They can talk and talk and talk for hours without telling you anything substantial about themselves. But here's the thing. Courtney can be funny and interesting, if a bit loud. Jules, on the other hand, he mumbles. A lot. It would be so difficult to understand whatever bullshit he does decide to reveal.

I told them this reasoning while we ate chocolate in Boogie-Down Nicole's new dorm room. She is sharing the apartment with 5 other girls, and it's huge. It's got so much party potential, you know?

Anyway, then we walked Claudia to some store where she was meeting her friend, and we went all sorts of directions until we ended up at Mini Thai Cafe. Food was so good. We saw Claudia and her friend pass by. I sent her a text message.

I've been good. Been reading Sandman. I think Dream is hot. It's awesome, even though I've already read the whole thing twice. Got the Freaks & Geeks DVDs back, so I can keep on living.

My dad told me I should learn how to drink so people won't think I'm a retard for not drinking at parties. I think that's the stupidest reason to learn how to drink. I think I'd want to... I dunno. But drinking because other people might think I look dumb... For me, it's more of a control issue. I won't drink unless I choose to, not because people WANT me to. I want to be dominant in this situation. Drinking... it would affect my behavior in a way I might not like. I want to be aware of everything I'm doing, I want to will it. No , i'ts not the alochol, it's about control.

No comments: