01 May 2006

12:51

So there's this Washington Post story on Ryan Schreiber, Pitchfork Wonder Boy, and it's pretty gentle on him, but I don't like how Schreiber is all like, "It's about the music, man! I'm a journalist, man!"

Dude, you don't gotta lie. If he'd said, "Yeah, it's been good business for me, suckas!" I'd have been a lot happier. More than his writing, I think what's notable is his business savvy. He's really built up this company to what it is today. So why downplay that? And how unimpressive is it that--gasp!--he likes Hall & Oates?

Also, I thought it was sad they interviewed Travis Morrison, even if I never listened to the Dismemberment Plan. They made him sound like Pitchfork destroyed him.

Today I had my Reporting I final, and I had to write a fake story about how three kids at Bronx Science stole AP exams in advance and sold them for mucho dinero to their classmates. I was like, "Holy shit! That sounds exactly like something Bronx Science kids would do!!"

HOLIER SHIT! ROBERT MOOG WENT TO BRONX SCIENCE! OMG!! Wow. I never knew that. Amazing! (Other notables: E.L. Doctorow and Bobby Darin, not to mention Duckie from Pretty in Pink!) God bless Wikipedia, eh?

Wow, I googled my school and I had no idea things had gotten SO out of control with our principal. (An example here, third item down.) That really sucks. I had her as a lab teacher, and she scared me.

I've got about 1700 words to write... nothing's happening. I borrowed out an anthology of stuff published in Esquire, as well as a documentary on theremins that I'm really excited about.

No comments: