21 May 2006

Comic Relief.

Yesterday I hung out with Doris, which was nice. We went into Forbidden Planet and they played "Blister in the Sun" and the kids working there clapped along and it was cute. And I felt so much better when I saw the guy ringing me up (for issues 1, 9, and 10 of Optic Nerve) was wearing a Distillers shirt, because in a battle between Guy Who Wears Distillers Shirts and Girl Who Buy Optic Nerve With the Student Discount, the Girl obviously wins.

Somehow every store we went into had comics in them. We went to Strand's and Shakespeare & Co. and St. Mark's Comics. I'd been too scared to go into that last one, so yesterday was the first time. The people there were shockingly nice. There were a lot of tin lunchboxes, and 50 cent comics. Please note I did not say 50 Cent.

We didn't really eat but we went into Walgreen's and got these big cans of Arizona ice tea for 67 cents. It was too much liquid and we had to use the bathroom at Barnes & Noble. Is this too boring for y'all? I'm sorry.

Well, after weeks and weeks I finally went back to Other Music and things... were different. There were names I didn't recognize on the board, and the categories were all fucking shifted around. I showed Doris the Yo La Tengo CD I want. That damn thing is $18.99. Too much! For bad covers!

Anyway, I just watched the video for "Heartbreaker" and I cannot believe people gave Mariah Carey so much shit about Glitter. Dude, the video was brilliant and I thought she was great in it.

No comments: