11 May 2006

Fake French.

GASP! So I did see Sandra Oh on the street today!! OMG!!! She's so cute. I was on Cooper Square, walking West while she was coming my way, and she stopped right in the middle of the street because she saw someone she knew and they just started talking right there. (No worrying about traffic; there are never many cars passing.) Awww. I wasn't entirely sure if it was her because she was wearing orange-tinted shades and I was like, "Why would she be in NYC??" But I just went to her website and it says she's doing a play in June & July, so she must be preparing for it maintenant. My mom asked me why I didn't get an autograph. Pfft. Why bother her?

Had pizza avec Claudia et Steve.

Was fairly unproductive. Browsed through about 7 magazines at the bookstore. Got trapped in a ghastly sea of NYU grads and their families. Ick. I went to the library, twice.

I WENT TO THE LIBRARY, TWICE!

By the way, I'm glad Art Brut are playing Siren, yay! Too bad the rest of the lineup hasn't impressed me much, though I do wanna see Celebration.

I borrowed out three volumes of Sandman and 28 Up, even though I haven't seen 21 Up. (If you're not familiar with the Up Series, the reviews at the bottom of the IMDB pages should give you a fair idea.) Oh well.

Apparently they're showing films based on Ray Bradbury stories next week at the public library. I didn't know they made a movie for "All Summer in a Day"! That's one of my favorite short stories everrr. I'm gonna miss the screening, though, because I'm gonna be back at work.

Oh yeah, another thing. I finally realized why so many Manic Street Preachers fans are pretty much off their rockers. I had "Motown Junk" stuck all fucking day, to the point of writing on Doris's Facebook wall with a quote from the song. Sheesh. That song is too catchy for its own good. It kept going over and over and over in my head and I was exasperated all day.

No comments: