04 April 2006

Sometimes I Think I'm Bigger Than the Sound!

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

I'm so angry right now! I just started reading the Spin article with Yeah Yeah Yeahs on the cover and one thing drove me fucking apeshit!!! ORZALEK?! ORZALEK?!?! Do these people have ... shit, who the fuck is left at this magazine? I mean, the copyeditors obviously jumped ship!

And what makes me mad is not only that this magazine is so careless with their fucking factchecking and typos and shit, it's that, since they're seen as some sort of fucking "authority" in pop culture, some kid who just got into a band like Yeah Yeah Yeahs is just gonna think the band is full of dickwads not worth caring about. Don't you love how the press showers love upon you just to take delight in tearing you apart? I mean, what the fuck is the big idea? Why can't we just tell it like it is instead of causing major drama just to sell more issues? Fuck that! This is the kind of thing that makes me believe there's no real future in print journalism!

I can't believe someone actually bought them out for $5 million! They're not even worth $5! But we already knew that. It's just... I'm so frustrated with pop music at this moment. I'm just waiting for all the dilettantes to get over the "cool" thing of liking "indie" bands like The Killers and Franz Ferdinand and "punk" bands like My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy. Actually, I like one of these bands and LOVE one of these bands, but it's the principle of the matter. I'm just waiting for people to give up thinking it's cool to wear stupid hair and stupid "ironic" t-shirts. It's been over since like 2002 (and that's being generous). I just can't believe how slowly the masses catch on, and honestly, I just want them to move on to the next hip and trendy thing because I feel violated. Apparently, so does Nick Zinner.

Oh, and my favorite bands have got to stop making shitty music, cos it attracts the normal kids more easily than manure attracts flies. That's all. Actually, I've ended up in an entirely different point altogether. Shit, I know just sound like Harry Potter Kid when the Arctic Monkeys got popular: whiny.

It's a bit of an off-season for me, I'm not very impressed with the latest wave of new bands, though I hear the new Rahim album came out today, which I actually sort of want. But I don't love them nearly as much as other bands like New Order or anything like that. Seriously, the best stuff I've heard in the past four months has been old stuff. Nothing really obscure, but all of it very lovely. More lovely than new things I've heard lately.

No comments: