12 April 2006

I'm Sorry. I'm So Sorry. Can I Get You... A Cup Of Coffee?

I've been okay. Yesterday I skipped class to go interview Art Brut. They weren't there. We bummed around and waited. Eventually their publicist showed up. Happened to be Karen Plus One. I pretended I didn't know her. She pretended we were worth talking to. Quite civil and professional, really. Never would have expected from her. Now, if only she liked really good music. Anyway, she was nice and helped us to finally get Ian, Mikey and Jasper to talk to us, god knows where Freddie went, she was there one second and then she disappeared, far into my memories, beautiful and, well, silent.

The interview went well, but the tape is messed up. I taped over the previous interview I did with that dickwad, and I only noticed NOW that I can still sort of hear it, very faintly. It makes me uncomfortable and makes me wanna cry. Cos it's not hard enough to hear your own voice on tape! I've given up on transcribing this piece of crap tape for now.

The band were really great though, we were more like hanging out and everything, while Karen sorta watched over us. It made me nervous is all. Mikey's got beautiful eyes, that's all I've got to say. They're a piercing blue. They gave us free posters at the very end! It was great.

Rachel and I got on the train together and I could swear to you that Eugene Mirman totally got on the train with us! And I stared and he stared back at me because I was staring in the first place.

In Korean class yesterday, our teacher asked us if we'd ever met any famous people. I raised my hand to say yes. My teacher called on me and asked me who I'd met. Then I was like, "Um, never mind. I haven't met anyone actually famous... They're just people in bands..." And then I was quiet. I knew no one would care that I've poked Carlos D. to get his attention or that I've spoken to David Andrew Sitek, etc. It's dumb. I know because my classmates talked about famous people they've seen/met, and I was like, "Wow, I really don't care." Hahaha.

Today I was walking down St. Marks and this guy was like, "Mumble mumble?" and I was like, "I don't know" and then he points to my library book and he's like, "The library. You don't know where the library is?" So I told him. I kept walking at my own pace and he started following me since he was going to the library too. Then he's like, "What's your name?" He made me uncomfortable so I walked faster. I mean, if someone makes you feel weird, there's no reason why you should even act to be friendly, right? In fact, you should let them know that you're unhappy with them bothering you. You should make them squirm right back.

One time this old Korean man was annoying me about something, and I got so exasperated that instead of walking away, I just turned my back to him. That shut him up just right.

Last night I fell asleep at 2:30 even though I had to get up at 6. I did doze off on the train on the way back home. But I really need to sleep. I'm just so worried. I need help.

Clint from The Clint and Charles Show and I are buddies now. Yay. I've been listening to that demo a lot.

No comments: