08 April 2006

It Is My Nothing.

After I made my last post I got on the 4 train to go to school. It was already in Manhattan when this old wrinkly woman, clearly off her rocker, asked loudly if anyone knew where she was supposed to go. She sat down and pleaded to the man next to her to read the directions she had with her. And you know what he did? He read them. Loudly, clearly, carefully, making sure she heard him and understood. And then, when she moaned loudly about her worries of losing her directions just like she'd lost her mind, you know what else he did? He told her it was all gonna be okay. He told her not to worry, that it was easy to get to, that it was gonna be fine.

He didn't have to do that. But he did. So props to him, because he was kinder than I ever would have been to that woman.

I had too much shit on me, partly because I needed to return stuff to the library, so I went to the Ottendorfer library before I went to class. I returned Loving Pedro Infante (tacky but really funny and enjoyable), and Labyrinth. I had a movie waiting for me, said the dude working there. "And it's my favorite movie," he said, adding, "Really funny movie." It was The Hebrew Hammer.

Friday sucked. I just wanted to kick Rachel. I mean, not for any particular reason. Just because. It's already getting really hot in Etherea. What a cool place, though, we can't NOT go. I was on the train ride home, and for the first time in years, I finally came to the point where I almost cried while listening to Radiohead, not because I think they suck, but because it just moved me. I'm so relieved. I was tired of hating the band.

My news for today, since I had a boring indoors day, is that I watched The Hebrew Hammer for the first time and I sort of think that Adam Goldberg is even hotter than I used to think. Also, whoever did the costumes for that movie needs a pay raise, cos The Hammer looked superfly. Oh, and the movie was pretty funny. More cult-y than anything, I'd think.

Oh wait, no. That wasn't the news that I really wanted to tell. I think I'm finally "back on" again. I was having an off-season in terms of listening to music. Just really bored of everything, even my old favorites. But today I listened to Kylie Minogue for like a million hours, and you know what? I liked it. I even came to terms with "Can't Get You Out of My Head", which I still am not in love with, but I don't hate it anymore. It helps when it's not being played every hour on the radio, after all. Like with Radiohead, I'm just glad I don't hate her music, either. Anyway, having a renewed sense of interest in music, it's great. Refreshing, and like I'm back on track. It feels like I have a sense of purpose again. Hope it stays for a few months, hehe.

I also watched all sorts of Manix videos on YouTube, even this creepy half-hour documentary on Richey's disappearance and they had this pair of young women all decked out goth-y (sorta) and I was like, "Wow, I'm really glad I'm not a real Manix fan!"

Been listening to and have been enjoying "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley.

I wish I was pretty.

No comments: