27 April 2006

Everything is Everything.

Oh my fucking god. I just found out Sasha Frere-Jones is white. I thought he was black. This is as tragic as finding out that Kelefa Sanneh was a man. OMG.

I remembered what I wanted to post yesterday, and I realized that it really wasn't important. It's just that I borrowed out this book from McSweeney's, an anthology of comics that has shit from pretty much all the big guys. Anyway, I was reading it on the steps of Kimmel, waiting for class, when Chase and his friend came in. I tried to hide this geeky-ass book out of his sight, but he knew what it was from just a glimpse of the cover. He gave me a thumb up, but damn, I felt a bit dorky.

In other news, I was in Korean class, for the last time really, and several people asked who Elizabeth Taylor is. I almost died from the horror.

Things I am digging right now:

(1) I have come to the conclusion that Adrian Tomine is sort of really fucking awesome.

(2) Hey! That new song the Futureheads got on their MySpace, "Skip to the End", ain't too shabby. At least it was an immediate like, unlike "Area", which I've only recently gotten around to liking okay.

(3) Ooh, I didn't know the Jesus & Mary Chain stuff was getting re-released.

No comments: