24 November 2006

Gobble Gobble.

WTF? Volver is only playing in 5 theaters in the city? I don't get it. Who the fuck doesn't wanna see a really busty Penelope (Penélope?) Cruz? Oh, and don't you love how people sound sooooo surprised she can act? "OMG no rly, u guyz! She's assum! It's not like in her English movies!" Yeah, it would help if her English roles had actually been good. Just sayin'. I mean, Captain Corelli's Mandolin wasn't exactly her most exciting role...

Yeah, Thanksgiving was okay. It was as good as it could be with all these suburbanite Korean people. The food was right out of a Normal Rockwell painting (y'know), complete with mac & cheese made out of a box. No kimchi, but we had rice cake stuff. Haha.

After eating we just watched Elf, which was all right, pretty funny at points. There was this one part were there was a little person and Will Ferrell kept calling him an elf, and I found that much funnier than it was on the screen, because I kept thinking about that bit in The (British) Office where the boss and his employee keep talking about the difference between midgets and dwarves and it's uncomfortable enough but the gag runs for a really long time and it just makes you squirm. Don't you love how I'm describing this entire thing to y'all? By this point you must have realized I have nothing to do (read: don't wanna face the facts that I have a shitload of homework). Haha.

I have to go out to the library cos my book is totes overdue.

On the car ride to my parents' friends' house:
Suburban Dude: I feel bad for Jewish people, they don't have any happy holidays...
Me: They have Purim.
Suburban Dude: (doesn't hear me) ...It's like they're always fasting or something...
Me: They have hamantaschen.
My Brother: (doesn't hear me either) What about Muslims? They have it worse.
Suburband Dude: Oh, that's right. They have Ramadan.

Yeah, it was a weird night. My brother kept bitching at me about how he wishes he could go back in time and kill Derrida.

No comments: