06 November 2006

Brief Recap.

Incredible. My mother is currently on the phone explaining the concept of Thanksgiving to my uncle (his family moved to the US only a few months ago).

No srsly, I'll make a really long post soon. A lot has happened, none of it important. I finally hit the jackpot and I'm finding more indie pop in Spanish. I can verify that it's just as mediocre as the American kind, but the novelty of it all is wonderfully interesting and I'm at a very happy point in my life.

Here's the vid for "Karma Police", just cos it's amazing:


Things I bought at the WFMU Record Fair yesterday:

- The OK Computer book from the 33 1/3 series = $4
- A Carter Family record with a cover of "These Boots are Made for Walking" (!) = $7
- A Pete Seeger album = $6
- A Lovin' Spoonful album = $2
- An album full of Chilean songs I just bought because there was a Violeta Parra song in it = $4

- Buying cheap used records on the last day of the fair = priceless

Things I didn't able to get:

- The second volume of a record full of WHALE SOUNDS
- Linda Ronstadt singles of her covering "That'll Be the Day" and "Alison"
- THE SOUNDTRACK FOR THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY goddamn why the fuck did I hesitate! Somebody else fucking took it! And it looked in good condition, too. :(
- An extended dance mix 12" of Bowie's "Underground" (yeah, from Labyrinth...) The dude was willing to give it to me for $10 instead of $15 but I passed. Maybe next year! LOL

No comments: