11 December 2006

Changes.

Holy shit y'all. Augusto Pinochet died. Perfect day to die, too. End of an era. Goodby you fucker. But thanks for helping Chile become one of the most economically sound countries in Latin America. It just blows that you killed so many people to accomplish what you wanted.

On a related note, I HATE THE MORNING NEWS. STOP IT. STOP TALKING ABOUT WHAT PET GROOMING PRODUCTS CAN DOUBLE AS HOUSEHOLD CLEANING PRODUCTS AND HOW TO DEAL WITH MENOPAUSE AND HOW TO TALK TO YOUR BOSS ABOUT GETTING A FUCKING PROMOTION. I DON'T CARE. IT'S NOT NEWS. It's absolutely pathetic that I only found out about Pinochet's death until I got to work and went online to read BLOGS (while I worked, of course!).

Okay, discuss!

Here's Los Bunkers:



This is a cover of an Inti-Illimani song, "La exiliada del sur," which is based by a poem by Violeta Parra, who's like the godmother of protest folk music in Chile.



This is the best song Los Bunkers have ever written, and it's a protest song of their own. I've probably posted this video already, but if I did, I didn't know the story behind it. It's called "Miño" after a man who lost a relative to asbestos poisoning; the company Miño's relative worked for profited a lot during Pinochet's dictatorship. Well, to protest the preferential treatment that this big company got, and how little shit they gave over his relative, Miño burned himself. To death.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steven Colbert said it best:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UbhLKgzep1w

Gabriela said...

This post is very Foundations of Journalism.