28 March 2006

Weekend Update.

Things I have received in the past couple of weeks:
Doris gave me a copy of her comics.
Molly D. sent me a letter.
Deborah And sent me a whole package.
I feel so blessed that people think of me.

On Saturday afternoon, I was walking to the Quirowitz palace, and on 13th Street and University Place, I saw Danny Fuckin' K and I almost cried with joy because it had been way too long since I'd seen any member of Interpol on the street. Especially seeing my favorite! He's so hot! He's so short! He had a cup of coffee in his hand. Coffee! So now we see what stunted his growth. Oh lord. I'm gonna get a kick in the ass one day.

It totally made up for not being able to see Jeff Chang speak.

Steve and I found out a few hours before the book reading/talk that the event was 21+. It's such a hassle here in the city, where venues actually care about complying with the law. I mean, for a talk? I actually felt very hurt and discriminated against.

Well, whatever, I still had a lot of fun. I mean, mostly I watched Steve and Boogie-Down Nicole drink, and then J. Ro showed up, and the three of them and Claudia walked me to the train station. It felt sort of dumb being dropped off at the train to go home while they shimmied on down to a seedy Mexican bar. Yes, my dad was at the train station to pick me up. It was lame.

Sunday night, it was the same people and we all went to eat dinner at Angelika Kitchen. It was pretty decent, and vegan, and organic. The hostess girl told us a table had opened up for 4 people, so we could try to squeeze in to that one, or wait 20-30 minutes for a larger table to open up. We were like, "We're not that big..." so we took it. It wasn't too cramped. Honestly, if you live in New York City you get used to that shit, having people all up yo' ass from the lack of space. You just deal with it.

No comments: